How To Make Ahead Breakfast Biscuit Sanwiches?
Oh-so-warm, flaky buttermilk biscuits with eggs, bacon and cheese. Store in the fridge and reheat in the morning!
Say hello to the best start of your day. Flaky, mile-high, super buttery biscuits stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon and sharp cheddar cheese.
If only every morning could start like this.
But wait, it can! You can actually make this ahead of time and store in the fridge, reheating the morning of. The recipe yields 12 biscuit sandwiches so you have plenty for the entire family.
You can try to freeze it but it doesn’t really hold up very well in the freezer, just FYI! But hey, anything is possible.
The prep time is longer than most, but hey, every minute you put in on a Sunday afternoon will come right back to you Monday morning when you have the most epic breakfast sandwich before heading into work.
No more growling stomachs during those meetings because you will be on that biscuit high.
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
FOR THE BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add cold butter, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk and stir using a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Cut out 10-12 rounds using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Place biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown; set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place bacon in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until almost crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; cut in half crosswise and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring gently using a silicone or heat-proof spatula, until they just begin to set; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 4-6 minutes.
- Split biscuits; top with cheese, eggs and bacon, and then cover with another biscuit top to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining biscuits to make 12 sandwiches. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- To reheat, remove plastic wrap from the sandwich and wrap in a paper towel. Place into microwave for 1 minute, or until heated through completely.
- Serve immediately.