How To Make Creamy Tuscan Shrimp Ravioli?
Creamy Tuscan Shrimp Ravioli is an easy and comforting dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Juicy shrimp is cooked with garlic, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and cream. This tasty mixture is combined with spinach and cheese ravioli for a complete dinner.
You don’t have to go out to a fancy restaurant to get an amazing ravioli dish anymore. From now on, you will be able to make a fancy shrimp and ravioli dish in the comfort of your own kitchen and it will only take about 20 minutes.
There are a few simple ingredients in this dish but it results in an amazing flavor. It’s a simple combination of garlic, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes that bring a lot of flavor. Shrimp is added right to the cooked veggies and then the cream, a little bit of stock, and cooked ravioli.
If ravioli is not available or you just want to change things up a bit, this dish can easily be made with tortellini, gnocchi, or any pasta.
TIPS FOR MAKING TUSCAN SHRIMP RAVIOLI
I recommend using fresh spinach but if you’re in a jam, frozen spinach can be substituted. Make sure to squeeze out the juices from frozen spinach before adding it to the pan.
Use sun-dried tomatoes in the bag not in a jar with oil. If you have smoked sun-dried tomatoes available, use that and it would add another layer of flavor to the dish.
You can get whole shrimp in shell or you can get shrimp that has already been cleaned and peeled. If you choose to get whole shrimp, make sure to take time to de-vein, clean and peel shrimp first, before starting to cook.
Have your ingredients prepped, measured, and ready before starting to cook. This is a fast recipe so cooking will be fast as well.
You can cook ravioli before starting to cook veggies and shrimp or at the same time. Typically, ravioli will only take 5-7 minutes to cook in boiling water.
WHAT KIND OF RAVIOLI TO USE?
Spinach and cheese ravioli compliments this dish the best but, you can also use classic cheese ravioli.
If ravioli is not available, you can substitute tortellini or any other pasta.
CAN THIS DISH BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
The only thing that can actually be made ahead of time would be the ravioli. Ravioli can be cooked, strained, and refrigerated in an air-tight container until ready to use in the dish. Add cooked ravioli to the pan with veggies and shrimp, mix and let it cook until ravioli is heated through.
Note that ravioli only takes about 5-7 minutes to cook in the boiling water so there is not much time needed.
CAN THIS DISH BE REHEATED?
Yes, leftovers can be reheated but do note that textures will not be the same. Seafood does not reheat well so it will not be as good as freshly cooked.
To reheat this leftover shrimp and ravioli, transfer the leftovers into a preheated cooking pan. Cover with a lid and reheat it covered over medium-low heat just until hot. I do not recommend using a microwave to reheat seafood or cream sauce.
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 10 oz spinach and cheese ravioli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 2 oz sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Peel and devein shrimp if needed. Season it with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- Peel, smash, and mince garlic. Slice sun-dried tomatoes julienne. Measure chicken broth and heavy whipping cream. Set aside.
- Cook ravioli according to the package instructions, strain and set aside.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat. Add oil and let it heat up for a few seconds.
- Add garlic, stir and saute until fragrant. Add spinach and cook it until it’s wilted.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and saute until softened.
- Nestle shrimp in the pan among the spinach and tomatoes. Cook until shrimp just turns pink and opaque on one side and flip shrimp to the other side. Cook just until shrimp turn pink on the other side.
- Add broth and heavy whipping cream. Carefully mix until cream is evenly incorporated throughout.
- Add cooked ravioli and carefully stir.
- Season with some salt and pepper and cook for a few more minutes, 3-4 minutes.
Calories: 771kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 446mg | Sodium: 1475mg | Potassium: 907mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5425IU | Vitamin C: 24.9mg | Calcium: 301mg | Iron: 12.3mg