Super Cute Short Haircuts for Girls of All Ages
Time for a haircut?
Whether you’re looking for the perfect style for yourself or your daughter, this round-up of the cutest short haircuts for girls will save you half of the work!
Most girls love long flowing hair, but let’s be honest – it’s often not a very practical hairstyle.
The amount of maintenance long hair requires can be quite daunting, especially if you have more than one daughter and try to get everyone out of the door in the morning, on time.
If you’re looking for the perfect short haircuts for girls, there are a few things you should consider.
Short Haircuts for Girls – How to Choose the Right One
- Round up a list of styles you like – it’s always best to have a clear vision of what you want the hair to look like, before you proceed any further (and much easier to explain to the hairdresser)
- Any good hairdresser will give you advice on whether the particular hairstyle will work with the hair quality, thickness, and structure you or your little one have. Be prepared to make compromises or choose alternatives instead of stubbornly sticking to the styles you picked already.
- There is no one size fits all approach when choosing a new haircut – and it almost never ends up looking like in the pictures because hair quality and thickness vary a lot. It’s important to be aware of your own hair qualities, or those of your little girl, before selecting a hairstyle that will work.
- And remember – if something goes wrong, the hair always grows back. Short girl haircuts can be a bit of a hit and miss, but hair grows pretty quickly – especially for little girls – so there is little risk in trying something new once in a while.
Pros & Cons of Short Haircuts for Girls
As with any hairstyle, short girl haircuts come with a list of pros and cons, and much of these depend on the age. Let’s run through a few:
- PRO – super easy to maintain and wash, short haircuts for girls are one of the easiest to handle and are a very practical solution for a busy mom with daughters.
- PRO – no extra accessories needed – unlike with long hair, you don’t need an arsenal of hair clips and accessories to make the haircut look nice
- PRO – faster washing and drying
- PRO – very practical in summer
- CON – short haircuts don’t fit well to all face shapes and hair quality. For example, super thick hair will rarely look good with a short haircut.
- CON – it’s a bit risky to go with a very short haircut if you don’t have a skilled hairdresser.
With that out of the way, are you ready to find the inspiration for the perfect haircut?
Playful pixie, short shaggy bobs with bangs or without, they all are so cute and compliment almost all face shapes. Have a look at some of the cutest short haircuts for girls below and save your favorites to Pinterest.
Also check our other hairstyle articles at the end of this post, for more inspiration on how to style short hair!