Waffles Without Milk Recipe
Fluffy, light, and the perfect breakfast food. Waffles are traditionally made with milk but some people are lactose intolerant. The solutions that I have found that work best for me are soy, almond, or coconut milk. Here is a recipe using these three alternatives to help you make some waffles without any dairy! In this recipe I also use yeast, but if don’t need it, you can find waffles without milk recipe with no using yeast at the end of this guide.
This process starts with mixing together the ingredients in a bowl until it looks like batter. Then you put your yeast in warm water and sugar before letting it sit for about five minutes; this creates the leavening yeast property that provides bubbles of carbon dioxide yeast needs to rise in order to produce gas pockets inside the dough.
While the yeast is doing its work, you mix the flour, water, and oil in a separate bowl until it looks like batter. Then you mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl and you let the dough rise until it doubles in size. This will take about an hour depending on what temperature your kitchen is at. It is better to have a nice warm place for this to happen so that it will rise faster!
The next step is to start preheating your waffle iron and set out whatever toppings or fillings you want to use such as butter or syrup. Next you can choose whether or not to put your batter in a blender or mixer.
If you decide to use a blender, you will need to blend the ingredients together and then pour them into a bowl and let it rise. If you decide to use a mixer, then you will just put the wet ingredients into the bowl and mix with an electric mixer until it is smooth, and then add it to your dry ingredients.
Then let it rise again before adding other ingredients that are time sensitive such as chocolate chips or fruit. Then preheat your waffle iron while you have fun making creative designs! Once it is time, grease the griddle before putting about 1/2 cup of batter onto each square. They should be about 3/4 of an inch thick and about 4 inches across.
Once the waffles are on the griddle, cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown. You can add fillings such as butter and syrup on top while they are still hot to let them melt right in. Then serve and enjoy!
Waffles Without Milk Recipe
Every child dreams of eating a waffle with their favorite toppings. Now, it’s time to make that dream come true without the dairy products!Waffles without milk not only taste delicious but are also good for you.They have all the taste and sweetness people associate with waffles while still being healthy. The main ingredients are butter, vanilla extract, and all-purpose flour. Topping them with some fruit or berries is perfect for breakfast or dessert. This recipe has been tested out by my family, and we absolutely loved it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt whisk.
- Add egg, water, oil, and vanilla. Mix to combine until smooth lump-free batter forms.
- Using a ladle pour the batter waffle iron. Cook according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve with berries, honey, or another topping you like most.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Use Water Instead Of Milk In Waffles? Milk gives waffles a nice, rich flavor and a smooth texture. Water can give a similar desired effect, but it does not provide the same deep taste.
- Are Pancake And Waffle Mix The Same Thing? No pancake and waffle mix are the same things. Pancake mixes typically contain no fat which is why whole wheat pancakes using a pancake mix will be dense. Waffle mixes contain more fat which is what helps to make them fluffy. What’s easy about this recipe for waffles without milk though is that it doesn’t require many special ingredients either!
- What Can You Add To Waffle Mix? There are many different ways that you can go about the process of making waffles. You can choose to use pancake mix or pancake flour, for example, which will give your waffles a more cake-like flavor. If you’re in the mood for something sweeter than traditional pancakes, then adding sugar or brown sugar to the batter may be just what you need. And if you want something more decadent than traditional syrup on your waffles, then melted chocolate works wonderfully!